The PUSH® Thumb CMC Brace
is custom fit brace designed to provide effective relief of thumb CMC (basal joint) osteoarthritis. People with thumb CMC osteoarthritis will find this streamlined and durable brace supports the joint during activities such as cooking, golfing, gardening, playing tennis, driving, knitting, and during all other work/household activities.
The PUSH Thumb CMC Brace is a streamlined orthosis that covers only minimal surface of the palm, and allows unrestricted movement of the hand and wrist. The durable material resists abrasion, will not deform if left in a hot environment, and can be washed in a washing machine. The brace is not intended to cover the CMC joint and some movement of the thumb CMC joint is possible when wearing the orthosis.
The PUSH Thumb CMC Brace is fitted by squeezing the imbedded metal insert to snuggly fit the thumb.To determine the correct size needed, use a soft measuring tape to measure the circumference of your hand just below the knuckles of all fingers, excluding the thumb. Choose the appropriate size from the chart below. NOTE: This measurement is only a guideline for determining size, as it cannot take into account the size/shape of your thumb. If your measurement is near the size break point, only trying on both sizes can allow you to determine the best fit. The PUSH Thumb CMC Brace is not intended for all problems of the thumb. We strongly recommend you be measured and have the fit evaluated by a medical professional.
Application Instructions for the Push Thumb CMC Brace:
- Before applying the Push Thumb CMC Brace to your hand the first time, gently bend the metal insert SLIGHTLY outward so the thumb area is somewhat larger.
- Open the straps.
- Slide your fingers and thumb into the brace and push the brace as far down on your thumb as possible.
- Gently, but firmly, close the straps; do NOT pull them tightly.
- Touch your thumb tip to your index fingertip, making a gentle "O" shape, but BE SURE your thumb muscles are relaxed and the thumb joints are slightly flexed.
- Look directly into your palm to be sure your thumb is not too far across your palm or too far out of your palm but in a mid-position.
- With your thumb in the mid-position and relaxed, squeeze the metal insert firmly so it snugly fits around the muscles of your thumb.
BraceLab is proud to announce the NEW SIZE 0 Push MetaGrip! The same proven thumb CMC brace, now available in 4 SIZES (0/X-SM, 1/SM, 2/M, 3/L) to assure the most accurate fit, even for patients with smaller hands.
If you have thumb CMC osteoarthritis that has progressed to significant subluxation (a large bony bump at the base of your thumb), the MetaGrip will not be able to fit properly. Additionally, normal thumb muscle mass is required for ideal fit and function, so those lacking normal thumb muscle bulk may experience inadequate stabilization.
PUSH Thumb CMC Brace Specifications:
- Choose: Left or right hand and size 1, 2 or 3.
- Fits: Thumb CMC.
- Material: Latex free.
- Care: Machine wash on gentle cycle at low temperature. Be sure straps are closed during washing. Washing in a net bag is recommended. DO NOT add bleach. DO NOT dry in dryer or wash in a dishwasher.