Designed for bathing, toileting and other environments where grab bars are found. The Dependa-Bar™ combines the sturdiness of a wall mounted grab bar and the functionality of a dual support rail that moves in step during standing and transferring in the bathroom. Mounts using conventional means to walls of most construction. Locks every 45 degrees (5 positions) providing a support rail that moves with the user. When not in use, the Dependa Bar conveniently locks against the wall. Stainless steel construction. Vertical rail is 30 1/2 inches long. Pivot rail is 18 inches long. Fixed horizontal grab bar with 1/ 1/4 inch diameter and 1 1/2 inch wall clearance.
Pivoting & Locking Technology - Dependa-Bar™ locks every 45° (5 positions), providing a support rail that moves with user.
Ease of Installation - Mounts securely to structural studs behind bathtub wall of any construction (fiberglass, plastic, tile wall, etc.).
Bolt pattern compatible with WingIts® Fastening System (sold separately) if wall stud spacing does not allow for direct mounting.
Reversible - Bottom grab bar can be mounted for either left or right side applications.
Versatile - Can be installed in the bathtub or beside the toilet.
Water Resistant - Stainless steel construction provides an easy to clean, durable grab rail that can be safely exposed to water.
WingIts® Compatible - Bolt pattern on wall flanges are compatible with WingIts® Fastening System if wall stud spacing does not allow for direct mounting. Wingits® sold separately.
ADA Compliant - Fixed horizontal grab bar (1¼ inch diameter) has 1½ inch clearance from wall. When locked against the wall, the Dependa-Bar™ is aligned with the fixed horizontal grab bar.
Item ship via UPS Ground.
Dependa-Bar™ Grab Bar Specifications:
- Pivot Rail: 1¼ inch grip diameter.
- Pivot Rail Height: 30½ inch vertical rail height.
- Pivot Rail Length: "P" shaped dual rail extends 18 inches in length from bathtub wall (6 inch spacing between horizontal rails). Locks every 45° (5 positions).
- Horizontal Grab Bar: ¼ inch grip diameter. 1½ inch clearance from wall (ADA compliant). Height adjustable at time of installation, typically 4 inches from top of bathtub surface.
- Horizontal Grab Bar Lengths: 18 inch (accommodates standard stud spacing of 16 inch from center to center) and 32 inch lengths available.
- Rail Material: Stainless steel construction. Available as stainless steel and white powder coat finish.
- Weight Capacity: 250 lbs.
- Color: White Powder Coat or Stainless Steel.