The Ventopedic Hand Orthosis
is a hand positioning aid with a palm roll in the center and soft adjustable strap. Ventopedic fabric is designed to prevent skin breakdown in the palm for individuals who have a closed hand due to severe arthritis or a stroke. This special fabric absorbs moisture and eliminates odors generally caused by moisture related bacterial growth in a contracted hand. The firm center cylinder prevents the fingers from causing sores in the palm of the hand.
Ventopedic fabric allows heat and moisture to escape keeping skin dry and comfortable. The balanced number of hydrophobic and hydrophilic fibers absorb and release moisture faster than other materials for effective moisture control inside the hand. The cushioned fabric also relieves provides pressure relief and support. Skin will remain at a normal temperature which decreases the risk of skin breakdown inside the hand. The fabric is latex free and can be machine washed and dried.
The Ventopedic Hand Orthosis fits both the right and the left hand. Four sizes and roll circumferences are available:
- Extra Small has a 4 inch cylinder circumference, 1 inch cylinder diameter and 5 inch cylinder length.
- Small has a 5 inch cylinder circumference, 1.5 inch cylinder diameter, 5 inch cylinder length.
- Medium has a 5.5 inch cylinder circumference, 2 inch cylinder diameter, 5 inch cylinder length.
- Large has a 6 inch cylinder circumference, 2.5 inch cylinder diameter, 6 inch cylinder length.
Ventopedic Palm Aid Specifications:
- Ventopedic Fabric Content: 90% Polyester, 10% Cotton, Latex Free.
- Ventopedic Fabric Care: Machine washable and machine dry. Washing temperature 160 - 167°F (71 - 75°C). Drying Temperature 220°F.
- Fits: Left or Right hand.
- Made in: Canada.